I was last week at the Techdays 2009 in Bern. As expected there weren’t a lot of new or interesting things. The most interesting topics were Azure (Cloud computing) and the next VisualStudio 2010.
I visited following sessions:
- ADO.NET Data Services – Creating RESTful Services
- Overview Visual Studio 10 and .NET 4.0
- RAD for Business Application with the new Silverlight 3 and .NET RIA Services
- What brings C# 4.0?
- Deep Dive Entity Framework
- ASP.NET MVC
- Testing practices whit Visual Studio Team System
- Cloud Computing: Introduction to Windows Azure with Christian Weyer
- Visual Studio Team System 2010
- Working with the new Version controlling in TFS
From the Java perspective there was good news: Microsoft decided to implement true UML, implement a MVC-Framework (and make the source open). These are all steps in the right direction, in my perspective.